The UK Land Registry has revealed the North East’s Most Expensive and Cheapest Streets.
With prices as low as £14,050 for a flat, Waterloo Wark in Washington tops the list of the cheapest streets to buy a property in the UK, with three more streets from Country Durham also making the UK top ten.
Taking only the North East into account, the map below shows the most expensive streets (red markers) together with the cheapest (purple markers).
Check out the lists below to see the top ten most expensive and cheapest streets in the region…
The top ten most expensive streets in the North East are as follows:
1. Osborne Villas, Jesmond, Newcastle, NE2, £992,000
2. Elmfield Road, Gosforth, Newcastle, NE3, £991,750
3. Chevellier Court, Durham City, DH1, £794, 983
4. Wylam Wood Road, Wylam, Northumberland, NE41, £786,667
5. Whinfell Road, Ponteland, Northumberland, NE20, £683,333
6. Woodlands, Gosforth, Newcastle, NE3, £626,667
7. Adderstone Crescent, Jesmond, Newcastle, NE2, £618,400
8. Darras Road, Ponteland, Northumberland, NE20, £609,091
9. Adeline Gardens, Gosforth, Newcastle, NE3, £659,833
10. The Drive, Gosforth, Newcastle, NE3, £593,415
Here are the top 10 cheapest streets in the North East:
1 Waterloo Walk, Washington, NE37, £14,050
2 Kimberley Street, Bishop Auckland, DL14, County Durham, £17,667
3 Watt Street, Ferryhill, County Durham, DL17, £21,500
4 Hawthorne Terrace, Ferryhill, County Durham DL17, £22,500
5 Stanley Street, Bishop Auckland, County Durham, DL14, £24,000
6 Rennie Street, Ferryhill, County Durham DL17, £24,500
7 Windsor Terrace, Stanley, County Durham, DH9, £25,374
8 Fox Streeet, Seaham, County Durham, SR7, £25,375
9 South Row, Bishop Auckland, County Durham, DL14, £26,000
10 Holystone Avenue, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24, £27,813
The Land Registry figures are averages from all sale prices in 2014 but exclude streets with less than three sales.